Leek n Laver Shrimp Pie
- 4 leeks cut thin into several 6" strips
- Laver bread dough (enough
for 2 - 1/2" x 6"
x 9" loaf pans)
- 2 Ripe plum tomatoes
thinly sliced and seeded
4 oz Goat cheese
- 5 tb Olive oil
1 Garlic clove; minced
- 1/4 lb Fresh med-sized shrimp
- peeled and deveined
(optional use of clams or cockles instead of shrimp)
- 1 1/2 tb assorted minced fresh herbs
(parsley, chives, thyme, oregano, basil, etc.)
Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Using 1 tablespoon of the oil, saute the leeks over
high heat for 1 minute. Salt and pepper lightly.
- Blend the goat cheese,
garlic and 1 tablespoon of the herbs together with a fork.
- Brush the
laverbread dough with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Spread the leeks
over the dough.
- Sprinkle with the spiced goat cheese and top with a layer of
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Top with shrimps and
continue baking the final 7-to-8 minutes until browned.
- To serve: dribble with remaining