Potato Cheese Cakes stuffed with Currants
- 2 lb. potatoes
- 8 oz. grated cheese
- bread crumbs (stale bread)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 lb. currants
- 1/2 lb. sugar
- 1oz. butter
- Boil potatoes - drain and mash.
- Add milk, salt, pepper, and butter - Mix together well into a pastry.
- Mix sugar, eggs and currants with remaining butter to make filling.
- Line patty tins with potato pastry and fill with currant filling, cover
with more pastry to seal.
- Cakes may be fried in a pan or baked in an oven until golden brown.
- Top with grated cheese and allow to melt before serving!