Mustard greens are good, boiled in salt and oil. They should be eaten
either cooked on the coals or with bacon, and vinegar to suit the taste should
be put in while they are cooking.
- 1 1/4 lb mustard greens (including smaller stems)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbspn oil
- 4 tsp malted or basalmic vinegar
- Wash mustard greens.
- Boil stems two minutes, then add leaves, boil 6 more
minutes and drain.
- Fry bacon (6 minutes in microwave).
- Heat oil, add greens and
stir, then add salt and cook five minutes.
- Crumble bacon and put over greens
- Stir it all up and cook another 3 minutes.