Leek and Potato Soup
Ingredients - Serves 4:
- 8 Leeks
- 4 Potatoes
- 2 pints Hot Water or Vegetable Stock
- 3 fl oz Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- Chopped Chives
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Slice the white parts of the leeks.
- Peel and chop the potatoes.
- Melt butter in large frying pan, sauté the leeks until
tender, do not allow them to brown.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Sprinkle flour over leeks, and return pan to low heat.
- Cook several minutes, stirring constantly, until flour is well
- Remove from heat.
- Add hot water or stock, a little at a time, stirring
constantly until blended.
- Season to taste.
- Add the potatoes, and simmer partially covered for 20
minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove and (puree if you choose - I prefer my potatoes with a little
substance to them))
- Stir in sour cream and serve.
- Garnish with finely chopped chives.