- 1˝lb Fresh Spinach
- ˝ pint Hot Milk
- 5 tbsp Butter 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Wash spinach and discard stems.
- Chop the leaves.
- Melt half of the butter in large saucepan, add spinach.
- Cover pot until spinach becomes limp.
- In a small saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter and blend in
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes without colouring the flour.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer until thickened.
- Pour the cream sauce into the spinach and blend tighter and
simmer for 2 - 3 more minutes.