Cheese and Onion Pie
- 1lb Onions
- 8oz Short crust Pastry
- 8oz Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Mustard
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Boil the sliced onions in water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Roll out half the pastry and line a 2 pint pie
- Mix the onions grated cheese and mustard and place in the
- Roll out the other half of the pastry for the lid and cover
the pie with it.
- Moisten the edge of the pastry with water, sealing the edges
- Cut a small hole in the centre to allow stem to escape.
- Brush with milk or beaten egg to glaze.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.