Broccoli and Stilton (Blue Cheese) Pasties
- 1lb. Puff Pastry
- 8oz Stilton (Blue Cheese)
- 1 Head Broccoli
- Large Spanish Onion
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel the onion and slice very thin.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions gently
until they are softened, then allow them to brown and become slightly
caramelised, this could take up to 25 minutes.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and steam (or boil) quickly
until they are still firm and retain a little crunch.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F
- Roll out the pastry and divide into four equal pieces.
- Break the cheese into pieces and add the cooked broccoli and
onions (the warm vegetables will melt the cheese), season to taste and mix well.
- Place a portion of the mixture on one half of each of the
- Fold over the other half of the pastry to form a cover.
- Crimp the edges of the pastry to seal.
- Make a couple of small slits in the top of each and
brush with milk (or beaten egg).
- Place on a floured baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the pastry has risen and