Toad in the Hole or Sausage in Batter
Yeild 4 servings.
- 1 lb. link pork sausages (small)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tspn salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tblspn butter, melted
- Fry the sausage until lightly browned and all the fat has
- Place sausages in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Prepare the batter -place milk, eggs, flour, salt, pepper
and butter in a blender and blend 1 minute until smooth (Let stand 30 minutes).
- Pour batter over the sausages and bake uncovered in a 400 F.
oven for 30 minutes.
- The batter will become puffed, crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with Mash Potatoes, Marrowfat Peas and Gravy