Pickled Beef or Pickled Pork
- ½ cup mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Louisiana hot sauce or Tabasco)
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 12 peppercorns
- 6-10 cloves garlic (depending on
- 2 lbs boneless pork butt
- Combine everything except pork
butt in a sauce pan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool - while seasoning is
cooling, cut pork butt into 2 inch pieces.
- Combine pork butt and seasoning
mixture in a container with a tight fitting cover.
- Stir to remove bubbles.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 days.
- Use when making red beans and rice (just
throw a cup or two in with the beans while they cook).