New England Clam Chowder
- 1/4 cup
- dash of pepper
- dash of paprika
- 1 tsp. parsely, chopped
- 1/2 tsp.
- 2 medium potatoes, diced small
- 16 oz. can minced or whole clams
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Lean salt pork (optional for seasoning)
- 2 cups Milk
- Cook and stir bacon and onion in 2-quart saucepan until
bacon is crisp and onion is softened. set aside
- Drain clams, reserving liquor; add
water to clam liquor
to measure 1 cup.
- Stir clams, clam liquor, potato, salt and pepper into bacon and
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until
potato is tender.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, just until
hot (do not boil).