Mussels au Gratin
- 1 dozen Mussels
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 tbspn parsely, chopped fine
- 1 oz. feta cheese
- 1 tsp basalmic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- Heat the mussels in a
pot with a small amount of water until they are steamed and opened; remove the mussel meat and rinse thoroughly.
- Pour the leftover stock
from the pot through a cheesecloth and set aside.
- Chop four tomatoes and sautee them in butter
with a little parsley, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to the musselstock and reduce the mixture
until it begins to thicken.
- Add half a teaspoon of sugar and 1 tsp of vinegar, a
necessary souring agent in this dish.
- Place in baking dish and bake for 15 min. at 350F.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top and bake for an
additional 15 minutes.
- Place the mussels in a dish and pour
thickened tomato mixture over them.
- Serve warm.