Irish Champ Poundies
- 1.8kg (4lb) Potatoes
- ½ pint Milk
- 8oz Chopped Spring Onions
- 4oz Butter
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Peel potatoes and cook in boiling water.
- Simmer milk and spring onions together for five minutes.
- Strain potatoes and mash thoroughly.
- Add hot milk, and the spring onions, salt and pepper, and
half the butter.
- Champ is served piled high on the dish, with a well of
melted butter in the centre.
- It is eaten with a spoon from the outside, each spoonful
being dipped in the well of melted butter.