Grilled Scallops or Gregyn Cylchog Wedi'u
- 4 doz. scallops
- 2 oz butter
- 1lb potatoes
- 2 tb milk
- 2tbl chopped parsley
- 2 tb oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- Peel and boil the potatoes in salted water.
- Place the scallops in a pan in a warm
oven (325/F or Mark 3) until the shells open; remove the black part and gristly
fibre leaving the red coral intact.
- Place the scallops in an ovenproof dish, add
salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes on each
- Clean the rounded shells.
- Drain the potatoes and cream with 1 oz butter and the milk.
- Pipe or fork a border
of potato arounb the edges of the shells.
- Place a scallop in the centre of each shell.
- Skin and crush the garlic.
- Heat the butter, oil and garlic and
pour over the scallops.
- Garnish with parsley.
- These may be served with crisply