- 12oz Lean Minced Lamb or Beef
- 12oz Shortcrust Pastry
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Egg White, lightly beaten
- 1-2 tbsp Beef Stock
- ¾ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Fry meat to seal, drain thoroughly and add onion,
Worcestershire sauce, and enough stock to moisten the mixture.
- Season to taste.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, each piece
to about 15 cm (6 inches).
- Trim using the edge of a small plate as a template.
- Divide the filling between each round.
- Brush the edges with egg white and fold over the edges of
pastry on each.
- Seal well, crimping the edges to the pastry.
- Place the pasties on a baking tray.
- Make three small slashes it eat pastry.
- Brush each with beaten egg white.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden,.
- Serve hot.