- 2 lbs. Skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 16 Carrots
- 8 Brussel sprouts
- 1 Potato
- 1/4 lb Parsnip
- 4 1/2 cup Chicken
- 1 tbspn. Butter
- 1 tbspn. Flour
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley
- Place the chicken breast halves on a flat surface and trim away
and discard fat; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Peel the carrots; cut into sticks about 2-in. long and 1/2-in thick.
- Trim the
root end from the scallions; cut off most of the green part.
- Trim the sprouts; cut them in
- Peel the potato and cut into 3/4 cubes.
- Peel the parsnip and cut into rectangles about 1-in long
- Put 4 cups broth in a large wide, kettle and add the
carrots, sprouts, drained potato and parsnip.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer 5-6 min.
- Add the chicken breast halves, in one
layer, and the scallions.
- Cover and cook about 20 min.
- Sauce - Melt
the butter in a saucepan and add the flour, stirring with a wire whisk.
blended and smooth, add the remaing broth, stirring rapidly with a wire whisk.
- Add the cream and parsely and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables
with the Sauce.