Beef in Guinness
- 2 1/2 lb Shin of beef
- 2 lrg Onions
- 6 med Carrots
- 2 tbl Seasoned flour
- Little fat or beef dripping (souce)
- 1 cup Guiness and water mixed
- 1 sprg parsley
- The Guiness in this recipe has the same function as the wine in the the
acid and moisture combined with the long, slow cooking help
tenderise the tough but flavoursome meat.
- Cut the beef into chunks and peel and slice the onions and carrots.
- Toss the beef in the flour and brown quickly in hot fat.
the beef and fry the onions gently until transparent.
- Return the beef and add
the carrots and the liquid.
- Bring just to the boil, reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer,
cover closely and cook and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Check that the dish does
not dry out, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with plainly boiled potatoes.