Barbe' Boozy British Bangers
Yields 4 servings
- 8 bangers or fat link sausages
- 8 slices bacon, halved widthwise
- 16 mushrooms
- Vegetable oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 6 tablespoons runny honey
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 fluid ounces hard alcoholic cider or lager beer
- salt and pepper, to taste
Place all the sauce ingredients in a small pan and cook over
a low heat, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- Pinch each banger in the middle and twist to make two short
- Separate the two halves by cutting through the link with a
- You should now have 16 wee pudgy bangers.
- Season each with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each pudgy banger with a halved bacon rasher and then
thread onto 4 skewers, alternating with the mushrooms.
- Brush each with a little oil and cook over hot coals for 15
minutes, turning from time to time and basting with the sauce.
- To serve- transfer to plates and drizzle a little of the
remaining sauce over the top. Serve hot.