Cocklecakes with Laverbread
- 8 oz Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbspn Vegetable Oil
- 8 oz. cockles or clams (shelled)
- 2 tbsn. chopped Parsley
- Oil for Frying
- 8 oz. Laverbread (see recipe)
- ½ lemon
- Sieve the flour.
- Separate the egg. Work the yolk and oil into the flour
and beat in the water gradually until you have a thick batter.
- Whisk and leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the egg-white until stiff and stir into the batter.
- Add the cockles, then salt, parsley and herbs as
- Heat two fingers of oil in a heavy pan. Deep-fry the
batter in spoonfuls until the cakes are golden and crisp.
- Heat up the laverbread with the lemon juice.
- Serve piping hot, with wedges of lemon.
Idaho Web Design