Salsa Orleans Style
- 1 tblspn. olive oil
- 2 medium or 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 14-oz can petite dice tomatoes
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small jalepena hot pepper (optional; or tabasco sauce for extra heat)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 tblspn. flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tblspn. chopped, fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a saucepan; add the onions and peppers and sauté with olive oil for 6-7
minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, dry spice ingredients, and garlic - stir and bring to a
boil. Reduce heat and add flour; cook for 6-8 minutes until it starts to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice - put hot in mason jar and tighten lid before cooling to
room temperature for storing in fridge, or serve immediately.