Red Game Sauce
- 10 button mushrooms,
- 1 whole red onion, minced
- 1 ounce of wine
- 1 tbspn. fresh
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbspn. tarragon leaves
- 8 leaves of fresh basil
- 3 tablspns Olive Oil
- 1 lb. (24 oz). prepared
pasta sauce, like Ragu Chunky Style
- 14.5 oz diced tomato, Roma
- Salt, Crushed red pepper and a pinch of sugar, to taste
the mushrooms and onion in the olive oil for a couple minutes in a hot skillet.
the wine and allow it to reduce a bit.
- Add the parsley and tarragon and stir in
until you get a blast of tarragon fragrance in your nose.
- Add the garlic, basil, salt, and red pepper and simmer; add to the pasta sauce and heat to a boil.
- Add the diced tomato and simmer for two
- Either serve over chicken, veal medallions, rabbit, grilled pork chops, or any
game bird - or cook and simmer for several hours with meats to get full benefit
of flavoured sauce!