Liquid Solution- Baby Wipes
Pines, turpines, and citrus oils are disinfectants and excellent
for house cleaning but too strong or harsh for baby skin (especially baby
bottoms). Alcohol burns unless reduced to a minute quantity.
Witchhazel and the essential
oils listed discourage yeast growth without discoloration of the wipes!
- 1/2 cup witchhazel
- 1/4 cup. aloe vera gel
- 1 tbspn. calendula oil
- 1 drop lavender essential
- 1 drop tea tree essential oil
- Glass jar with a tight fitting
- Pour all your ingredients into your glass jar - cover and shake to blend the
- Place your wipes in a sealable waterproof container and pour enough solution to
To inhibit rash you can also add one of these herbs to your
solution if you don't mind a bit of discoloration to the wipes - add:
- 1 tsp Alfalfa (Medicago savtive), or
- 1 tsp Plantain
(Caution - these herbs discourage yeast growth but like any tea
discolor the wipes)
- PS - if you do not have access to witchhazel add 1/2 cup distilled water to
brew dry herbs as a tea to add to
- Store extra solution in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for a
long time especially if you used distilled water.