Tea - Sore Throat, Cough and Chest
Dosage - 1/2 cup three times a day.
- 1 tsp. dried chunks Echinacea root
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chunks Slippery Elm
bark-soothes throat and digestive tract.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chunks Wild
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme leaves
teaspoon Dried Sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Honeysuckle flowers
- pinch of
- 4 cups of water
- Place Echinacea, Slippery Elm and
Wild Cherry in non-aluminum pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and lower to
slow simmer, covered, for 10 to 20 minutes (the longer, the stronger). Strain
- Place the other herbs in a 1 quart container that has a cover, pour the
simmered tea over them. Cover and steep for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Strain and drink in above recommended doses. Adding cayenne helps clear
mucus and empower the medicinal activity of the other herbs. Other additions
might include cinnamon, fresh lemon, fresh ginger slice, honey.
Keep refrigerated or cool.
Remains effective in refrigerator from 48 to 72 hours.