Western Scrambled Eggs
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper or sweet green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons butter or cooking oil
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- Green and/or sweet red pepper rings, optional
- Salsa (optional)
- In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium heat or hot coals, cook corn,
peppers and onion in butter until tender but not brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs and milk with salt, if desired,
- Pour over vegetables.
- As mixture begins to set, mix gently while cooking in pan to form large
- Continue until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains.
- Garnish with pepper rings, if desired.
- Salsa on side if desired.