Western Omelet (Omelet Piquant)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red and/or green pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (8.5 oz.) cream-style corn
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion with tops
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter or cooking oil
- 3/4 cup prepared salsa
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- In small saucepan, combine pepper and 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Cover and
cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until pepper is tender, about 4 to
- Add corn, chilies, onion and garlic powder; cook, stirring
occasionally, until heated through (Keep warm).
- In small bowl, beat together eggs and remaining water until blended.
- For each
omelet, heat 1 teaspoon of the butter in 7- to 10-inch omelet pan over
medium-high heat until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Pour in 1/2
cup of the egg mixture.
- When top is thickened and
no visible liquid egg remains, spoon 1/2 cup of the reserved corn mixture across
center of omelet.
- Fold sides of omelet over corn mixture.
Slide from pan onto plate.
- Spoon on salsa sauce to taste.
- Garnish with
cilantro leaves, if desired.
- Repeat for remaining omelets.