Poached Eggs with Lemon Butter Chive Sauce
Ingredients - Yeilds 4 servings:
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 English muffins- halved and toasted
- Poach the eggs for 3 to
4 minutes in simmering water to which the 1 tbspn lemon juice has been added.
- For the
sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the chives, remaining lemon juice, salt
and pepper and beat thoroughly.
- When the eggs are just set, remove them
from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- To serve,
place a poached egg on a toasted English muffin half and pour sauce over top.