Orange French Toast
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices day-old raisin bread
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Bacon, optional
- Orange slices
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, juice, milk,
sugar, peel, vanilla and nutmeg until well blended.
- Place bread in single layer
in 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Let soak, turning once,
until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Place bread slices in large frying pan and cook
turning slices till browned and center is firm - (about 5 to10 minute
and fork comes out clean)
- Dust with confectioners's sugar and top
with bacon and orange slices, if desired.