Mushroom And Herb Omelet
Ingredients - Yeilds (2 servings):
- 4 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms -- sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley -- chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- basil or thyme -- finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In small bowl, wisk together eggs and
spices. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet at just above medium heat, sauté
the mushrooms in half the butter (1 teaspoon) until tender; set aside.
- In same skillet, melt half of the remaining butter (1/2 teaspoon). Pour
half of the egg mixture into skillet. Cook, lifting edge to allow uncooked
portion to flow underneath. When almost set, spoon half of the mushrooms over
half of the omelet. Fold other half over the mushrooms; slide onto a serving
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.