Oat Nut Cookies
yields 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup nuts of your choice (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Mix the wheat germ, oats, and flour together with the baking powder and
place in large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup butter, (softened at room temperature), sugar (white and
brown), egg (slightly beaten), and vanilla (real extract - not immitation)
in nuts and raisons until completely blended; finish mixing with your hands.
- Shape into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on a sprayed cookie
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes until
edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to
racks to finish cooling.