Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Yeilds 9 muffins
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 9 small cubes
- non-stick spray or paper muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 9 muffin tins with paper
liners or spray with non-stick spray. Combine the eggs, oil, and cream; stir to
blend. Add the whey powder, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, lemon rind, and
- Stir until just combined. Do not over stir or muffins will
be tough. Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Place a
cube of cream cheese in the center of each. Fill with remaining batter, making
sure batter goes completely over and around the cubes of cream cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until muffins
spring back to the touch and no longer look moist on top. Serve warm.