Easy Donut Recipe
- 1 Egg,
- 1 cupful of milk,
- 1-1/3 cupfuls of sugar,
- 2 teaspoonfuls of
cream of tartar,
- 1 teaspoonful of baking soda,
- piece of butter the size of a
- 1/4 teaspoonful of cinnamon (or nutmeg),
- pinch of salt, and flour enough
to roll soft.
- Beat the egg and sugar together and add the milk and
- Stir the soda and cream of tartar into the flour, dry; mix all together,
with the flour and salt.
- Roll and cut into doughnut rings, and fry in deep fat.
- Lay them on brown paper to cool when you take them from the fat.
eating them while they are fresh.