Demons on Horseback
- 24 Prunes
- 12 rashers Bacon
- 12 small slices Toast
- 50g (2oz) Mango Chutney
- 1 bunch Watercress
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C: 400°F
- Soak the prunes in boiling water or tea for at least 30
minutes, then remove the stones.
- Stuff each prune with ½ tsp mango chutney.
- De-rind and stretch the bacon with the back of a knife to
prevent it shrinking, cut each rasher in half.
- Wrap a piece of bacon round each prune.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Keep them packed up tight so that they don't come apart
(alternatively pierce with a cocktail stick to prevent this).
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Butter the toast.
- Arrange 2 demons on each piece and garnish the dish with the