Cherry Cheesecake Tarts
Yield: 4 individual tarts.
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Sift together flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter. Combine
egg yolk with cold water. Mix into flour mixture. Shape into ball and roll out
on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out four 6 1/2-inch
circles. Line four 4 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch tart pans with pastry. Trim and flute
edges, prick bottom and sides.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 whole maraschino cherries
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (icing)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, WHIPPED
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- (Fold sugar into whipped cream. Fold in cherry juice. Serve
with cherry cheesecakes.)
- Blend all ingredients except whole cherries thoroughly
together. Pour into pastry shells.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 350 F. continue to bake for 20
minutes, or until filling is set.
- Chill. Top each with whole cherry. Set aside.