- 2 cups and 1-2 Tbsp of sifted, all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2
stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup
- 1 pint blueberries
- Topping ingredients:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease an 8-inch springform pan. Set
- Sift together the 2 cups of flour, the baking powder and the salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the
- Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the milk.
- Toss the
beries with the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour (to separate and scatter
evenly throughout the batter) and fold in.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Combine ingredients for topping with a fork to make crumbly mixture.
Sprinkle this over the batter.
- Bake for one hour, then test for doneness by gently inserting a
fork. If it does not come out clean, give the cake another 5 to 10 minutes to
- When the cake has cooled, run a knife around the edges and lift the
cake out o the pan. Serve with whipped cream.