- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 bananas, mashed and sprinkled with 1 teaspoon
- lemon juice to keep from discoloring
- oil for deep frying
- confectioners' sugar
- Measure, sift and mix all dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the milk and egg;
add to dry ingredients.
- Fold in the mashed bananas.
- If too thick add a little
milk, and if batter seems too thin, add flour.
- Batter should have consistency to mound up in a spoon.
- Heat deep fryer to about
375° or add 1 inch of oil to a deep skillet or kettle and use a deep fryer
thermometer to check temperature.
- When fritters will cook in 5 minutes, the oil
- Drop by spoonfuls in small batches; as fritters brown on one side
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm and just before serving sprinkle with
cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar.
- Serve warm with syrup, if desired.
- Serves 10