- 4 apples
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch saffron (optional)
- 2 tsp. rosewater (optional)
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- Bring water to a boil and add apple slices.
- Cook until soft and then strain, reserving liquid.
- Chop apples into small pieces
and set aside.
- Grind almonds well and place in a bowl.
- Add the liquid that the
apples were cooked in and allow to steep for about 15 minutes, stirring
- Pour through a fine sieve into a pan with the apples.
remaining ingredients and simmer until thick.
- Serve hot.