Yield: 5 cups
No canning necessary - Mildly sweet; stays crunchy up to about 3 weeks in the
- 3 large cucumbers (1" to 1 1/2" diameter) sliced
about 1 1/16" thick (do not peel)
- 1 medium-sized green pepper (seeds removed)
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Chop pepper and onion, and place along with sliced cucumbers
into a 1 1/2 quart size jar or bowl.
- Add salt and celery seed.
- Stir gently and let stand one hour.
- Combine sugar and vinegar in separate bowl, stir to
- Pour over vegetables and stir to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate, pickles are ready to eat in one day.
- Store covered in refrigerator.