Pickled Garden Pickles
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped sweet peppers
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup chopped green tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup green string beans cut in inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups white or red wine vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- Soak cucumbers, peppers, cabbage, onions and tomatoes in
salt water overnight(1/2 cup salt to 2 cups water).
- Drain. then cook the carrots and string beans in boiling
water until tender; drain well.
- Mix soaked and cooked vegetables with remaining ingredients
and boil 10 minutes.
- Pack into sterilized KERR Jars; seal at once.