Pickle Broccoli or Cauliflower
- 1 litre Vinegar.
- 8 small Broccoli.
- 75g Peppercorns.
- 15g Mace.
- A small bit of Ginger.
- Select the broccoli firm and white; cut it into nice branches;
put those into a saucepan with warm water and salt enough to taste it,
- To each quart of water; add salt; bring it to boiling point,
and then leave them in the water off the boil for five minutes.
- Lift them up carefully on a sieve, drain off all the water,
and when cold put them in glass bottles.
- Boil the vinegar with all the spices for five minutes, and
allow it to get cold; then fill up the bottles and cork tightly.
- A few French beans and one or two capsicums put in the
bottle with the broccoli improve the appearance and taste.