Kefir Cheese (Mascarpone)
- 8 cups whole or skimmed
- 2 cup fresh non thickened
natural dairy cream.
- 4 to 6 tblspns Kefir
- 1/2 tps salt.
- Mix the cream and
milk together, then place in a jar with the kefir grains .
- Let stand at room temperature for 12-24
- Strain the kefir to separate and remove the grains (store grains for
next kefir batch), mix in the salt and
pour the kefir into a moistened white cotton or linen cloth, which
is placed over strainer.
- Tie the ends of the cloth with string to form
a bag, and hang the bag over a container to catch the draining
- Drain for about 12 hours.
- Remove the cheese and place in an
airtight container and refrigerate.