Kefir Water Recipe #1
To make this delicious, refreshing
recipe we start off with:-
- glass jar, gallon sized, of filtered water.
- Add to that 1 cup of organic sugar or Sucanat. Stir to dissolve.
- Then drop in 2 dried figs, organic Black Mission Figs give it some
color, Calimyrna Figs keep it looking natural.
- Also 1 or 2 Dried Apricots,
organic, not sulfured,
- 1 lemon, organic, squeezed into the filtered water.
- And finally, a tablespoon of kefir curds/grains, whatever you want
to call them.
- Just keep using these curds for the purpose of culturing the kefir
water. [Don't send them back to the milk medium.]
- Cover with a cloth or coffee filter and band to keep it in place
and store this in your culture cupboard ;-) Test is to see how it tastes after
24 hours or so has past. Enjoy it when it is fizzy and bubbly, cuz that is when
it is ready to drink.
- It could take up to 2 days to culture but doubtful it would take
that long in summer.
- To enjoy kefir water to the utmost, bottle in beer/soda pop
bottles. Keep at ambient temperatures for a few days before refrigerating so it
can build pressure to be totally fizzy like a soda pop.
- If you uncap and forget one [unlikely because it is so good, but
it has happened] it won't go totally flat. In fact, if you really like the fizz,
just recap and keep at room temp for a day before refrigerating. It'll re fizz-