Treacle Toffee II
- 1lb Soft Brown Sugar
- 8oz Black Treacle (or Fancy Molasses as it is
popularly called, is a viscous, rich, dark brown color, concentrated sugarcane
juice, manufactured by concentrating the fully matured tropical sugarcane
stalks. The thick syrup has a characteristic tropical molasses aroma and a
consistency as supple as honey-butter.)
- 4oz Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- Place the butter, water and vinegar into a heavy bottomed
saucepan, heat gently until the butter has melted.
- Add the sugar and black treacle, allow to fully dissolve
(this takes about 20 minutes).
- Boil the mixture to a temperature of 138°C (280°F).
- Remove from the heat, allow the bubble to decrease.
- Pour the mixture into a well oiled 18cm (7 inch) sandwich
- When the mixture has cooled a little mark the surface into
squares with a knife.
- When cold break into squares, wrap in cellophane and store
in an airtight container.
Idaho Web Design