Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles
Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles are smooth, creamy
chocolate truffles with a hint of pumpkin pie flavor from pumpkin puree and fall
spices. The pumpkin is subtle but adds a lovely autumn taste to these candies.
Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles are perfect for Samhain, or any fall
Yield: about 30 truffles
- 8 oz chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 oz (2 tbsp) butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb chocolate candy coating
Orange sprinkles or other decorations (optional)
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-safe bowl.
- Combine the heavy
cream, the pumpkin puree, the salt, the cinnamon, and the nutmeg in a small
saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk until the pumpkin and cream are smooth.
- Heat until the mixture just starts to boil.
- Pour the hot cream through a strainer over the chopped
chocolate - this will strain out any large pieces of pumpkin puree that might
interfere with a smooth truffle texture.
- Whisk the cream and chocolate together
until the mixture is shiny and completely smooth - allow it to cool briefly.
- When it is still warm but no longer hot, whisk in the butter until
it is incorporated.
- Press a piece of cling wrap on top of the chocolate and
refrigerate it until it is firm enough to scoop, about 2 hours.
- When the chocolate is firm but not rock-hard, use a candy scoop or
a teaspoon to scoop up small balls.
- Dust your hands with cocoa and roll the
truffles between your palms to make them round.
- Melt the candy coating (or alternately, temper real chocolate) in the
microwave until it is smooth and fluid.
- Dip the truffles in the coating, one by one, using dipping tools or
a fork (If you desire, top them with orange sprinkles or other decorations while
the chocolate is still wet).
- To get the effect in the picture, liberally dust the tops with orange sanding sugar.
- Refrigerate the truffles to set the coating, for about 10 minutes,
- Store Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles in an airtight container in the
refrigerator for up to a week, and bring them to room temperature before
Idaho Web Design