New Orleans Fudge
This easy chocolate fudge is made with
sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and a little butter. If you use the
microwave to heat the mixture, be sure to stir it frequently until the chocolate
has melted completely and the mixture is well blended.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan; line with a piece of
plastic wrap about 18 to 24 inches in length, leaving the ends out to cover the
finished fudge. The ends will also serve as "handles" which will help you lift
the fudge out of the pan.
- Heat the condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla in a double
boiler over simmering water.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted and mixture is
- Stir in nuts, if using; pour into the prepared pan.
- Spread gently then
cover lightly with the ends of the plastic wrap.
- Chill until firm.
- Lift out of
the pan and cut into small squares.
Idaho Web Design