- 1lb Granulated Sugar
- ½ pint Water
- 2oz Butter
- 1oz Dark Cooking Chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- ½ tsp Baking Soda, sifted
- Place the butter, water and lemon juice into a heavy bottomed
saucepan, heat gently until the butter has melted.
- Add the sugar golden syrup, dark chocolate and allow to
- Bring to a boil, to a temperature of 138°C (280°F).
- Remove from heat.
- Add the baking soda, stirring well until bubbles subside a
- Pour the mixture into a well oiled 18cm (7 inch) sandwich
- When the mixture has cooled a little mark the surface into
squares with a knife.
Idaho Web Design