or Chocolate Truffle Cake
Preparation Time is 25 minutes and cooking time is 40
minutes; Refrigeration Time: 3 hours
- 9 oz.
Unsweetened Baking Chocolate (or your favorite high-quality dark chocolate at
- 9 oz. Granulated Sugar
- 9 oz. Butter
- 6 Eggs (separate whites
- Butter for cake pan
How to Make It:
oven to 350°F
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bain-marie (double-boiler)
without ever letting the water boil. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and let
- Whisk egg yolks with the sugar and then gently stir in the
- Beat the egg whites until firm and "snowy". Gently stir into
- Pour 2/3 of batter into a buttered cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
Put the remaining 1/3 of batter in the refrigerator -- it's going to make the
- Let cake cool off and then remove from cake dish. Very
carefully, cut the cake into two disks (cut in half lengthwise.)
- Whisk the
remaining third of batter to give it a little volume and air.
spread half of batter "cream" on one disk. Cover with other disk. Spread the
rest of the batter on the top. Put in refrigerator for at least 3
Idaho Web Design