It's important that the strawberries be completely dry before dipping to
prevent the chocolate from discoloring.
- 2 cups (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate
- 1 tblspn shortening
- 12 Large strawberries with stems, rinsed and
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside
- Melt chips with shortening in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling,
water, stirring constantly.
- Dip about half of each strawberry in chocolate. Remove excess chocolate by
scraping bottom of strawberry across rim of pan.
- Place strawberries on prepared
- Let stand until set.
- Store in refrigerator in container between layers of waxed
Makes about 12 strawberries
Variation:Melt 8 ounces white chocolate
or pastel confectionery coating. Redip dipped strawberries; leave a portion of
the milk chocolate coating showing.
Hint:Stir chopped dried fruits, raisins
or nuts into remaining chocolate; drop by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet
lined with waxed paper.
Idaho Web Design