Traditional Mexican cinnamon and
Ingredients for 16 brownies:
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup
(1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
(about 6 ounces)
Brown sugar topping
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Method - brownies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 8-inch square baking
pan with foil, extending foil over sides.
- Stir unsweetened chocolate and butter
in heavy large saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth; cool 5 minutes.
Whisk in sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla;
continue to whisk until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk
just until blended; stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan,
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with a few
moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes; cool completely in pan on rack.
- Whisk sugar, cream and butter in heavy small saucepan
over low heat until mixture is smooth and comes to boil.
- Remove from heat; mix
in vanilla; cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk until thick enough to spread; spread over
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Let stand until topping sets, about 1 hour.
Using foil as aid, lift brownies from pan. Cut brownies into 16 squares. Serve
cold or at room temperature.
Idaho Web Design