Coffee Macbeth Liqueur
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry instant coffee of your choice (freshjar) or
1/2 cup fresh coffee grounds
- peel of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Chocolate extract
- 1 tsp Orange extract
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 oz. Brandy
- 2 oz. Scotch
- 6 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups vodka
- Place sugar, water & lemon peel in a large pot and bring to a boil.
and reduce heat simmering for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingrediants and stir
- Remove lemon peel ... let cool.
- Cover tightly; pour into a clean
bottle or wide mouth jar (mason). Close tightly and store in a cool dark place for about one
Caution - Homemade coffees, wines and liqueurs do not have the shelf
life of commercial brands! In many instances the use of extracts
is preffered instead of cooking and breaking down fruits - to expedite
the ageing process and prevent acidity or fruit sedimentation (this
also sometimes prevents the natural flavours to permeate the liqueur)!
Sugars, coffee, chocolates, and fruits added with water can introduce
contaminants to liqueurs so refrigerate upon opening, serve and
enjoy as soon as possible!
Idaho Web Design