- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup COLD water
- 2 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons light corn
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In the top of a double boiler combine sugar, water, egg whites, and cream of
tartar or corn syrup. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Place the upper pan over gently boiling water (upper pan should be near
but not touching water). Cook, beating constantly with the electric mixer on
high speed, about 7 minutes or till stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Remove from heat Add vanilla. Beat frosting for 2 to 3 minutes more or
till the frosting is of spreading consistency. Frosts the sides and tops of two
8- or 9-inch cake layers or one 10- inch tube cake.
- Prepare Seven-Minute Frosting as directed above, except
substitute a few drops of peppermint extract for the vanilla.
- Frost the cake and
garnish with crushed striped, round peppermint candies.
Idaho Web Design