Quick Whey Bread
Makes 8 Loaves
- 16 cups Flour
- 3 tbpn. Dried Whey
- 2 tsp Salt; (rounded)
- 1 tbpn. Sugar ; (rounded)
- 1 cup Salad Oil
- 2 pk Yeast
- 8 cups Hot water
- Put yeast, sugar and 1 cup water in a pint bowl. Let rise
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add water, then the yeast and knead well with one hand.
- Dough should be sticky. Don't add more water unless too firm
– then add more water.
- Pull dough away from sides of bowl, pour some oil in, then
turn dough and work in more oil until all sides have been covered with oil.
Knead bread until all the oil is worked in and it is no longer sticky.
- Let raise 15 minutes.
- Grease pans.
- Put dough on greased plastic sheet.
- Divide into four (4) parts.
- Take one part away and put the remaining three parts back
into the bowl.
- Divide the one part in half.
- Pound cut flat, fold over toward you, then fold in sides
pounding out bubbles as you go.
- Fold ends into make smooth loaves.
- Place in pans.
- Repeat quickly for all parts.
- Turn oven to 400.
- When bread is just rounded over tins (about 20 minutes)
place in heated oven,
- Place tins 1/2 inch apart and bake 15 minutes then reduce
heat to 350 for 40 minutes more.
- Cool. Place in plastic bags forcing out all air. Freeze,
when tawing leave bag tightly closed. Turn every little while until all
moisture is reabsorbed into the bread.
Idaho Web Design